John B. Houtchens
John began the practice of law in Greeley, Colorado, in 1970 after graduating from the University of Nebraska, B.S.B.A., in 1965, and the University of Denver College of Law J.D. 1968. After law school, John served the country as a Vista Volunteer Lawyer and then began his practice with his father (Barnard Houtchens and two uncles, S. Robert Houtchens and Rodger I. Houtchens). He was later joined in the practice by two cousins, Kim R. Houtchens and Thomas A. Houtchens, and ultimately by his son, Brandon B. Houtchens.
Most of John’s practice consisted of representing local and national businesses. Included within those businesses were public utilities companies, construction companies, national banking organizations, and national long-term care nursing home companies.
In addition to John’s transactional practice, he developed a substantial estate planning and probate practice together with a significant real estate practice representing buyers and sellers in multimillion dollar interstate transactions.
John’s business and community involvements included serving as a member of the Board of Directors of United Bank of Greeley (now by acquisition Wells Fargo Bank), President Greeley Area Chamber of Commerce, President North Colorado Medical Foundation, Inc., President University of Northern Colorado Foundation, Inc., President and Director North Range Behavioral Health (formerly Weld County Mental Health), Inc., and President and Board Member American Cancer Society, Weld County.
John retired from his practice in 2015.
- University of Nebraska, B.S.B.A. 1965
- University of Denver College of Law J.D. 1968
- Member of the Board of Directors of United Bank of Greeley
- President Greeley Area Chamber of Commerce
- President North Colorado Medical Foundation, Inc.
- President University of Northern Colorado Foundation, Inc.
- President and Director North Range Behavioral Health, Inc.
- President and Board Member American Cancer Society, Weld County